Saturday, June 21, 2008

Beliefs, Opinions and Purpose

The things I hear about me. Some are so imaginative, I wish they were true. Some are so malicious, I wonder if I could even be capable of doing them.

I have done a lot of things in my half-century on this planet; some of which have been great things, most have been quite ordinary things and some have been bad things. I am also reputed to have done some astounding things that I don't remember having done. Of course, I recognize that other people quite often have a totally different perspective on the things that actually happened than I may have.

However, when I hear about some of these things I am reputed to have done, sometimes I wonder of there are three of me wandering around on this planet: 1) the wonderful saint, 2) the badass sinner and 3) plain old ordinary me. Anyway, my take on me is here for you to explore.

It is my belief (opinion) that most people don't have clue why they believe what they believe. They are unaware that their personal reality picture is shaped by the consensual reality picture of their culture; that they are in fact, brainwashed; that is, their culture has become their cult. They have assumed a set of beliefs without examining them for veracity or usefulness and thus, instead of being empowered by their beliefs, they are imprisoned by them.

Beliefs: I use the following criteria to examine the beliefs I choose to hold:

• What do I believe about ________________?
• Why do I believe that?
• Where did that belief come from?
• What evidence do I have to support that belief?
• What % of that evidence is experiential?
• What % is merely anecdotal?
• Did I consciously choose this belief?
• Did I inherit or assume it?
• What purpose does it serve to believe this belief?
• What is my intent in holding that belief?
• How does it serve me to hold that belief?

I always remind myself that, no matter how profoundly I hold to a certain belief, it is only my opinion. And, I also always remind myself that my beliefs shape my reality; NOT, my reality shapes my beliefs.

Opinions: So, with all that said, here are some of my opinions:

• The physical Universe is created anew in each moment by a Universal metaphysical consciousness. That same consciousness exists within its creation just as its creation exists within this all-encompassing consciousness.
• Individual human consciousnesses are contained within this universal consciousness and each also contains this universal consciousness
• Universal consciousness seeks to empower its component parts, including individual human beings, to become as self-aware and self-actualized at it is itself in order for itself to become more.
• Human beings have, therefore, an infinite capacity to grow and become more; but many are inhibited from doing so by adopted false beliefs and limiting conceptualizations.
• The institutions that people depend on for truth, support and succor are more interested in retaining power over individuals than contributing to individual empowerment and therefore are continuously reinforcing false beliefs and limiting conceptualizations.
• Therefore, it is necessary for individuals who seek empowerment (and who desire to harmonize with the Universal urge to become enlightened) to opt out of the institutionally manufactured meta-memes or consensual societal group mindset.

Purpose: The purpose to which I have dedicated my life is to provide individuals with the information, ways and means to become free, empowered and consciously creative participants in the ever-unfolding universe. My purpose is to empower, enlighten and enrich the lives of others.

Passion: A life without passion is not a life, it is merely an existence. The why of my life is to revere, relish and contribute. I am passionate about recognizing and honoring the sacred in all things. I am passionate about enjoying the gift of life and consciousness. I am passionate about making a contribution to the universal by contributing to my fellow human beings.

Past: Everything that has ever happened was necessary for me to be who I am and what I am capable of doing. Therefore, I am grateful for all that ever has been and all that is now. However, the past is not evidential of anything that the future holds for me.

Present: Nothing that has ever happened or will happen is as important as this present moment. It is all I will ever have, ever. Eternity is now. Revere now; relish now; contribute now; be grateful now.

Prescience: (future) The future is created by thought and desire, belief and intent. I am creative. The future is mine to design.

Questions I ask myself: What more can I become? What more can I contribute? How much love can I receive and give? How big is my imagination? What do I need to let go of? How much am I willing to accept?

No comments: