Friday, December 09, 2005

At sunset yesterday, I am sitting at a favorite watering hole sipping a cold beer. This guy engages me in conversation. Seems nice enough. Next thing you know, he asks me if I am prepared for heaven.

'Christ,' I think; not another nutter.

I hope to cut him off at the pass, "Is there beer in heaven?" I ask.

"Of course not," he answers.

"Then, I am not interested. I'll pass."

He persists, "Jesus is coming soon. You need to prepare your soul."

"Listen," I reply, "They also say that Santa is coming in a couple of weeks. I'll tell you what...if Santa shows up, and then, if the Easter bunny also shows up, I'll be willing to believe that your Jesus might show up. In the meantime, please don't try to sell me on your personal delusions. I have enough of my own already."

This morning, I see on CNN that two 'fundies' beat up a university professor for calling into question their creationism crap. Now there's two good examples of christianity. Love your neighbor.

I wish somebody would take all these fundamentalists (Moslem, Christian, Jewish, whatever) and send them to another planet; maybe they could go colonize Mars.

No comments: